Arbworks Tree Services
HEALTH AND SAFETY
Wesley Hutchinson (Director) believes that the Health, Safety and Welfare of his company’s employees and others affected by its operations should have equal importance to quality, cost, production and morale. In accepting this responsibility, the Director aims, so far as is reasonably practicable, to provide a working environment that is safe and without risk to health by paying particular attention to : –
1. The provision and maintenance of plant, equipment and systems of work that are safe and without risk to any person.
2. Safe arrangements for the handling, storage and transportation of articles and substances.
3. Sufficient information, instruction, training and supervision to enable all employees to avoid hazards and contribute positively to their Health and Safety at work.
Adequate communication of information, instruction and supervision will also be provided to avoid injury to any other persons likely to be affected.
4. Safe access to and egress from places of work.
5. The provision and maintenance of a working environment that is, so far as is reasonably practicable, adequate with regard facilities and arrangements for employee’s welfare at work.
This policy can only be successful with the active co-operation of all Satellite and Terrestrial Works Limited and visitors, who have a duty to offer all necessary assistance to ensure to ensure the Health and Safety of themselves and others.
The Director also believes that it is the responsibility of his employees to perform their assigned duties safely by following established safe working procedures, the correct use of Personal Protective Equipment (P.P.E.) or control measures and by reporting or, where able to do so safely, correcting unsafe acts or conditions.
In order to ensure the implementation of this policy the Director accepts that he is the Person Responsible for Health and Safety.